Tuesday, August 27, 2002

I have a social life

Last weekend my friend Christi came to visit me, and I was so happy to see her. We spent Saturday and Sunday catching up, cooking, recounting raunchy Murfreesboro stories and dying one another's hair. In addition to missing Christi, I had missed Murfreesboro stories. I could never live in that town again, but it's a place that breeds wild late night tales, its own mythology, and parties that people remember for the rest of their lives. Wild.

I miss those kinds of parties, making those kinds of stories. Aral and I managed to have one semi-wild thing back in Boston just before Christmas, but our social circle just wasn't that big and Aral wasn't a big party kind of person anyway. I'm really looking forward to getting my own place in town in the next few months. I'd like to have a big New Year's thing, but since I *still* don't have a job, I doubt I could get it all together by Thanksgiving, which is when you start planning for New Year's parties of that scale. Maybe I could have a big tea party in May, if it didn't clash with Tony and Andrew's annual big Spring event.

I've only been here for two whole weeks, and the fact that I don't have a job yet is freaking me out even though it shouldn't yet.

Christi and I meant to dye my hair a very dark brown, but it came out black for the first few days. This was not entirely a bad thing. I gave her blonde highlights which came out just right. I also trounced her at mancala in several straight sets. I'm glad I'm back in a place where I can see my friends more often again.

No comments: