Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hooray! Ouch. Hooray!

I apologize for posting the same thing here that I've posted to my LJ. I usually try to write here and just post little things to LJ. But right now I'm on a lot of pain meds. Here's the good and the bad from the past few days. I'm sure there was blackberry cobbler and fireworks in there, but right now all I can think about is healing up.

Good

Yesterday, I accepted a position in an academic library to start after I leave the current job.

Bad

Yesterday, I went to the desntist/oral surgeon at 7am for a brief wellness visit, and ended up in 6 hours of oral surgery.

Good

The husband bought me a blue iPod mini as a congrats gift for the new job.

Bad

iPod batteries only last about 3 hours, so the battery wore down during the surgery and I didn't have any other music to listen too.

Good

Affordable childcare at my new job.

Bad

Not being able to take sleeping gas during surgery, 'cause I'm trying to get pregnant and laughing gas can damage fetuses.

Good

Chocolate soy milk, mashed potatoes made with chicken broth, ginger ale, cold bottled water, pain medicine, sleep.

Bad

Lots and lots of stiches in your mouth.

Good

My oral surgeon, Dr. Kaufmann, without whom I'd have two less teeth right now.

Bad

Hearing your oral surgeon say: "I've seen infections like this 3 times in 30 years, and once a decade is quite enough."

No comments: