Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Skeet Should Call Me, Again

This weekend marks the last weekend I'll be traveling to Nashville for a while. I've managed to lose my friend Skeet's cell phone number again; he should leave a message in the guestbook here (which I will erase right away) with some sort of contact information.

Last weekend the husband and I made my last plane flight for a while. We flew to McAllen, Texas, a border town where my Great Aunt Beth lives. We walked across the border to Mexico twice, and ate fabulous food. You can get the best baked Alaska in Mexico, if you know where to go. You can also buy a bottle of Tequila shaped like a pistol, and some nifty hand-blown glassware. It was a nice trip; only once did the heat and dust get to me. Aunt Beth had a hard time with all the women who had babies and were begging in the street. I had a hard time with that too. I always do.

On the flight back, I sat directly in front of a screaming infant. There were two other unhappy toddlers on the flight as well. I think the universe put me on that flight for a reason; and that reason was to convince me that it's not a good idea to fly with infants and persons under the age of 3 if you can help it at all. It's a lesson I'm taking seriously.

My last trip in this last trimester of preganancy will be up to Nashville for MLK weekend and baby showers. After that, if Nashville peeps want to see me in the next 6 or 8 months, they'll have to drive down here.

No comments: