Thursday, May 22, 2003

A Recent List of Bad Decisions

1 I drove to Brunswick to visit my Grandparents even though I'm darn near broke. The trip was Okay, but my cousin ended up not driving down to meet me (she got food poisoning), and without any siblings around, the focus ended up being on recent family stresses. The trip is 6 hours each way, and for stretches and stretches on interstate there is nothing to do except count armadillo corpses.

2 I spent exactly 24 hours back in Atlanta, following job leads and chasing an apartment lease.

3 Then I drove to Nashville.

4 Where I got into a car wreck on the corner of Hillsboro Road and Hobbs.

5 It was my fault; I was turning from a no turn lane.

6 Then I got drunk with Christi and Dinan and acted stupid enough to make them both mad at me.

7 My parents have let two new small dogs into the family to replace Juanita, who was hit by a car. One of the dogs chews on things and bites the children, and so lives in the backyard on a dog run. The other dog is a baby Chihuahua, who cries if it's not held all the time and has to pee roughly every 20 minutes.

8 I haven't called Cairy or Skeet, and I swore I'd call them as soon as I got to Nashville again. I have to leave Saturday, and I have no idea how I'll see either of them in that time frame, meaning I am, roughly, a big fat liar.

9 I'm not e-mailing anyone.

10 I'm not returning calls.

11 I'm overnighting all my savings to a woman in Atlanta for an apartment I should have more money for.

12 Did I mention this woman has no idea how to be a landlord, but I'm renting from her anyway?

13 I can't remember if I paid my insurance company, and I need to fix my car. So I'm going to do this at home with my dad's equipment.

14 Nothing is as it should be.

15 I'm probably going to end up taking care of at least one of my sisters pretty soon.

16 I still don't have a job.

17 I'm going to put all the new utilities in my name.

18 I'm still going to start a small press, and I'm thinking about calling it "Bad Decisions Press".

19 I plan on it consistently losing money.

20 I haven't been asking for the right kind of hugs.

21

What Flavour Are You? I taste like Peanut Butter.I taste like Peanut Butter.


I am one of the most blendable flavours; I go with sweet, I go with sour, I go with bland, I go with anything. I am practical and good company, but have something of a tendency to hang around when I'm not wanted, unaware that my presence is not welcome. What Flavour Are You?


22 I posted this list to my blog, where everyone can read it.


No comments: